This past Friday, we celebrated the eighth Art on the Rocks with 250+ art and artisan cocktail enthusiasts.
Five area restaurants dazzled us with their cocktail and food pairings matched expertly with our Ikebana flower arrangements and instructor artwork.
After sampling the art-cocktail-appetizer pairings, the Judges’ Choice Award went to Chadwicks, and Vola’s Dockside Grill won the Popular Vote Award for the night!
A rundown of the evening:
- The restaurants: Brabo, Chadwicks, Virtue Feed & Grain, Vola’s Dockside Grill, The Wharf.
- The Art League Instructors/Artists: Avis Fleming, Teresa Oaxaca, Rachel Collins.
- The Sogetsu Ikebana Arrangers: Cathy Houston, Patricia Painter, Jane Redmon, Yoko Sprague, Jean Waterman.
- The Sponsors: Charles Schwab, Genesco Sports, Land Rover, Burke & Herbert Bank, Hunting Creek Garden Club, Japan Foundation New York.
- The DJ: Jared with Everything Entertainment.
Thank you to everyone who came out, and we’ll see you on June 8 for Art on the Vine ! Join our email list to get all the details (if you haven’t already).
Permalink to this blog post: A Stirring Art on the Rocks
Powered by WPeMatico